Saturday, September 26, 2009

Frustrated

Today I'm rather frustrated with the advertising industry... For the past few days my boyfriend and I have been trying to figure out a way to fly him home to Mexico as soon as possible. He had a family emergency and needed to get home, but he didn't have a passport. So we searched and searched for agencies that can get you a passport in 24 hours. Do they really exist? The answer is NO. There are at least 20 companies that claim to provide passports within 24 hours, but the truth of the matter is that they are fake. After you pay over $400, you find out that they can get you a passport within 24 hours.. not including mail time. So within 4 days. Now that is quick, I do realize that, but for paying so much money to them, you'd think they would tell you the entire truth before you're trapped in the process. Thankfully Brian and I called the government agencies, along with some of the bogus ones, and asked every question we could think of... We figured out that the companies were using false advertising before we paid the big bucks. Whew. We are grateful for that. Anyway, we eventually found loopholes in the passport system, and he's in Mexico today without a passport :) And his passport is on its way so he can come back to Provo soon.

1 comment:

  1. I understand how deceiving publicity is, I don't believe any of them any more. They do such a great job and selling a product but you end up getting a piece of trash. I'm glad you you guys found a way :)

    ReplyDelete