Friday, September 18, 2009

Books


So often I forget that books are a part of the media. I love books.. more than almost anything. They are able to reach my emotions far more than any other type of media. Right now for my Adult Developing and Aging class we are reading "Life with Big Al: A Caretaker's Diary". I feel like Craig (a 52-year-old man with Alzheimer's) is apart of my life. I love him so much, and can't imagine how hard it would be to care for him daily. I love his wife, Judy, even more. She is such a Christ-like woman. I hope that if I were in her shoes, I'd be able to find strength, hope, and patience like she does. I connect with her in a way, because I find refuge in writing in a journal. My journal solves a lot of my problems for me, and it relieves me of my daily stressors. Judy is actually coming to BYU to speak to us, and I'm so excited! I want to hug her and tell her how much I admire her, although that probably wouldn't be appropriate. I'm just grateful for books, especially ones that are based on real life experiences that I can grow and learn from.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great that you've found such a beautiful story in a book! I love refreshing gems like that and a really good one is sort of hard to come by. Your post inspired me to read more and to write in my journal more :)

    ReplyDelete